90 Hours Work Experience
Career Preparation Program WEX 12A (Elective 4 credit course)
- Grade 12 4-Credit Course
- 90 hours of unpaid work experience in chosen focus area
- Can be started as early as the summer of grade 10 and June during or outside of school time.
- Qualifies for a study block in Grade 12 or choose a 9th course
- Students prepare an online portfolio highlighting their experiences and achievements
HOW TO APPLY:
Choose one career preparation focus area that best relates to your current career plan.
Pick one of the following:
- Business and Applied Business
- Fine Arts, Design, and Media
- Fitness and Recreation
- Health and Human Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Science and Applied Sciences
- Tourism, Hospitality and Foods
- Trades and Technology
Complete 90 hours of work experience and the related forms.
- Your work experience must be school approved and relate to your career plans.Paid employment cannot be used towards the 90 hour work experience.
- In Grade 12 you will complete a Career Portfolio Project
- A mark will be issued at the end of grade 12. Grading will be based on an employer evaluation, work experience forms, and the Career Portfolio Project.
Note: This is a Grade 12 course, that you register for during course selection in Grade 10, you will have up to 2 ½ years to complete the 90 hours of work experience.