Career Prep 80 Hours is an elective. It is very popular but you do not have to take it! If you want to elect it, here is what you do:
- Identify a career focus or goal.
(Example: doctor, accountant, carpenter, social worker, artist, travel agent…)
- Select ONE career preparation focus areas that best relates to your career plans.
Pick one of the following (*focus details here):
- Business and Applied Business
- Fine Arts, Design, and Media
- Fitness and Recreation
- Health and Human Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Science and Applied Sciences
- Tourism, Hospitality and Foods
- Trades and Technology
- Meet with your Career Education Advisor to discuss your possible courses in Grade 11 and 12, career plans and work experience opportunities.
Complete 80 hours of work experience and related assignments.
- Grade 11 – 40 hours
- Grade 12 – 40 hours
- Your work experience must be a school-sanctioned opportunity related to your career plans. Part time employment cannot be used, as this is a four (4) credit (Grade 12) course.
- At the end of Grade 12, you will get a letter grade for WEX 12A based on some forms/assignments that you must complete and your Career Refelection Project.
Note: Although this is a Grade 12 course, you must register for it in Grade 10, you will have 2 years to complete the 80 hours of work experience.